Simple Foil Art
How I used Decofoil and a Laminator to achieve amazing results
Salam to all my fellow crafters! I've returned to the blog after a few months, and it feels great to be sharing a very cool technique with all of you. I have received astounding support and interest on one of my most recent crafty posts on Instagram. There is a lot of interest in how I was able to create shiny hand lettered art with a foil touch to it.
For all of those willing to achieve this look from the comfort of your home, look no further! With a few simple items, you will be on your way to creating fabulous inspirational art, such as the hand lettered art I was able to make.
- Decofoil - heat transfer foil (any colour - I used Aqua)
- A thermal laminator - I used this one: here from Amazon.ca
- A laser printer (inkjet printer will not work, unfortunately)
- A piece of paper (I used white card stock)
- Grab your paper and begin to hand letter your desired quote - if your laser printer does not have a photocopying option, you can alternatively create your quote on your computer and print it out through your laser printer.
- If your quote is hand lettered - use a dark black ink for best results
- Go ahead and photocopy this (or print if you're taking that route)
- Place a cut out of your foil on top of the print out
- Run this through your thermal laminator in the 5mil setting (wherever possible)
- I ran it through twice to guarantee results
- Let it cool for 10 seconds
- Slowly remove the Decofoil and see how it has transferred onto your lettering
- You can frame this or gift it to a friend! The possibilities are endless
There you have it, my friends! Such a simple technique with superb results. I received the inspiration for this from @marinamakes_ on Instagram. Would love to see your artwork! Tag me on Instagram @WishfulWaufa with your beautiful creations.
This is it for now, have a wonderful day!