Hey everyone! Today I'm pleased to share a super easy and fun way to decorate someone's name. This design incorporates both a watercolour look and a geometry look. I have linked a YouTube video below showing a time lapse of the process. Please take a look and let me know what you think!
- Watercolour paper - 300gsm
- Compass to make circles
- Blending markers or brush pens - I used Tombow Dual Brush Pens: Bright Palette
- Water for blending the colours
- Heat Tool to dry the artwork (optional)
- Gold Marker - I used Pilot Gold Marker - Broad Tip
Watch the video below to see the steps in creating the name art: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfOF5bfwQSQ
- Draw a line in the middle of the watercolour paper and mark the centre
- Using your compass make three circles along the middle
- At their meeting points - make more circles until you have a series of overlapping circles
- Begin to colour the segments in with your blending markers
- Erase the pencil with your eraser
- Begin to blend the markers by dipping your painbrush in water and spreading over the page
- Clean your brush in between each colour
- Once you're happy with the painting - use your heat tool to dry the the paint or wait for painting to dry
- Use your gold marker to write the name on top of the painting
- Frame your artwork and gift it away! or keep it for yourself.
Thanks for visiting! I'm confident that you enjoyed this name art tutorial. Please comment bellow and tell me your thoughts and let me know what kind of content you would like to see! Bye for now.
Post a Comment