My "Forgiveness" Snow Globe - 30 Day Craft Challenge
Salam and welcome to Day 20 of our Craft Challenge. Today our focus was on the concept of forgiveness. I talked to my children about the fact that we all make mistakes and wrong decisions, but the most important part is that we realize it and ask for forgiveness from Allah. These special nights of Laylatul Qadr are known for seeking and receiving forgiveness. Part of our nightly rituals is saying, "Astaghfilrullah"- meaning I seek forgiveness from Allah.
Once we seek forgiveness, we are told it is as if the rain has washed them away. This is where the snow globe concept came in. When they shake the snow globe, it begins "raining" and washes away our sins. Now every time they go to play with this craft, they are reminded to say, Astaghfirullah, أَسْتَغْفِرُ ٱللّٰهَ
See how your children can make a "Forgiveness" Snow Globe below!
- A glass or plastic jar
- Glycerin or Baby Oil
- Rocks and Marbles
- Packing Tape
- Hot Glue Gun
- Collect all the items you want to glue to the base of your snow globe - choose waterproof items
- Plug in the glue gun - be careful when this is around young children
- Start gluing your rocks and marbles to the lid of the jar - use extra glue to make sure the items are very secure. Let this dry for at least 2-3 hours. We waited overnight just to be sure.
- Now add the glitter and beads to the jar
- Fill the jar with water - leave a bit of space since the items stuck on the lid will take up some space as well
- Add a couple squeezes of the baby oil/glycerin - this will allow the glitter and beads to float slowly
- Screw the lid onto the jar
- If you want added sealant, use your glue gun to glue all around the closed lid.
- We used packing tape to tape all around the lid to make sure there is no leaking
- Now allow your children to shake and enjoy the snow globe!
Many thanks for staying with the challenge all the way to day 20! I hope you are enjoying the crafts so far. Please leave your feedback in the comments below.