How to Make Paper Mache Paste at Home
Hello friends! I imagine that I will be doing Paper Mache regularly with my children since they enjoyed it so much this time. I was searching online and discovered that authentic paper mache paste requires some cooking - we definitely didn't have time for that. So, I decided to make a separate page describing how to make the paper mache paste that worked so well for us today - no cooking involved!
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/3 Cup Icy Cold Water
- 1/4 Cup Half School Glue Half Water Mix
- 1 Tablespoon of Salt
- Mixing tool
- Container to make the paste in
|Here's what you'll need - I took the pic after we had already poured in the flour!
- Mix all of the above ingredients into your container
The boys love pouring and mixing!
- Mix thoroughly until you get a nice paste consistency. If it feels too thick you may need to add a bit of water - try a tablespoon at at time.
- Test out the consistency of the paste on your paper mache project it should be a nice, soft, spreadable paste.
There's the magic recipe for the perfect paper mache paste! Let me know in the comments how it worked out for you.