Salam all! Today was Day 14 of our challenge and it was a nice and relaxing one. We discussed that in the evening we will celebrate the birth of the first grandson of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), Imam Hassan (peace be upon him). We discussed his importance in our faith and how, as his followers, we should rejoice on the occasion of his birth.
In order to celebrate, we decided to make some special treats together. This was a bit of a change from the type of crafts we have been doing for the past two weeks but the kids welcomed this change. We followed an easy recipe of rice crispy treats, then we cut them in the shape of moons and stars. Scroll down to see how we made this evening extra special!
- Rice crispy recipe of your choice
- Cookie cutters - we used stars and moons (we used a circle cutter for the moon)
- Optional: Chocolate chips
- A serving plate
- Tiny mouths to enjoy the treats!
- Follow your favourite recipe for rice crispy treats. We didn't have marshmallows so we tried something a bit different. We used the following recipe for Vegan Rice Crispy Treats. It was a huge hit with the kids!
- Once the treats were nice and firm we used our cookie cutters to make the star and moon shapes
They enjoyed hearing the crunching sound as they pushed down
- After we had our shapes, we set them on a separate plate and topped them with delicious chocolate chips
This made them super excited about the treat!
- Now the hard part, wait for iftaar time before you can devour the treats!
Here was our simple yet satisfying activity for the day. I send all of your many prayers and well wishes on the auspicious occasion of the birth of Imam Hassan (peace be upon him). Hope you all have a lovely time celebrating with your families! See you tomorrow for our next activity!